View Thread

Print Thread
New to the coding scene
DashurRenvar
Greetings again, it's the annoying newbie again.

I'm interested in trying my hand with some ship design, how might I go about doing this?

Any programs that need downloading or buying?

*plots nasty Hiigaran surprises for those scummy Vagyr*
"If you know your enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles." -Sun Tzu

Twitch
what aspect of ship design: HODing or just creating new configs of ships using existing models?
YAY!!!! 1000th MEMBER!!!

DashurRenvar
I suppose the easiest way to become aquainted with ship coding would be just modifying existing ship hulls, yes?

I do want to make my own ships eventually, I'm just trying to get the hang of it right now.
"If you know your enemy and you know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles." -Sun Tzu

Twitch
yeah, generally modding existing ship hulls with new configs is the best way to go when you're a newbie to ship coding.

although when you finally start modding HODs you'll need CFHodED or some other tool.
YAY!!!! 1000th MEMBER!!!

DashurRenvar
Ok, speak to me as though I have no idea what you're talking about...because I really don't.

What tools do I need to start basic editing right off the bat?

Tristan
DashurRenvar wrote:What tools do I need to start basic editing right off the bat?

None.

Twitch
you need some spare time, a computer (preferably a PC), and a text editor like Notepad.
YAY!!!! 1000th MEMBER!!!

DashurRenvar
I see...so this IS actual coding...well crap. I have no idea where to even START.

I mean...besides Notepad.

Homdax
http://forums.rel...hp?t=18633
king-o'da'bigfile

DashurRenvar
Thanks!

Jump to Forum: