View Thread

Print Thread
Hw2 "core fighters" possible?
Gabzor
if anyone has seen gundam, im talking about mobile armors, aka core fighters since the weapons split off the core..
hi

TelQuessir
The alpha version of HW2 had something like that, Turret Frigates. Detachable sub-ships.

But like all the more interesting features of the game, it disappeared mysteriously from the released product.
Returned to active duty 021108

Gabzor
know anywhere where i can try the alpha?
hi

Elukka
You can't, it was never released.

Relic has, however, released documents concerning different plans for storylines. Some of them are great, better than the release version's story i think.
You can download them here:
http://files.filefront.com/Dustwars_docsrar/;7372395;/fileinfo.html

For pictures and stuff of the early versions of HW2, check ouy the Homeworld Shipyards.

Ok, i digress, majorly.

I think it's a very nice idea, but doubt it's possible to do.
Edited by Elukka on 08-06-2007 03:18

TelQuessir
Well if you want to jury rig something, the carriers and motherships in HW2 are 'core fighters' which deploy huge fleets of modular-configured minions.

Gabzor
well im no modeler, and definitly not a coder, ive only worked with pawn, java, and really basic c++
hi

TelQuessir
You're definitely more qualified than the rest of us here then. All modding is/was done in Notepad and some community made tools.

Gabzor
PDS was made with notepad? i cannot believe that, but imagine what would happen if you had more tools in your disposal Grin

the only real projects ive done are counter-strike plugins for pawn, and i made an opengl wrapper, thats it, rest were supporting mods that eventually died, anyways i'll be looking into HW2 code sooner or later, and im gonna need some help from you, because your cool like that Cool
hi

TelQuessir
Still more qualified than moi.

I excelled at flight sim scenario design once, after I threw in the towel as a (mutiplayer roleplay!) Bf-109 pilot. I definitely enjoy teaching newbies in both gaming and RL if allowed to Pfft

Before that I actually played with aircraft model modding (!!!) with very primitive tools in Parsoft's SDOE flight sim. Such as a Me262 that carries a 50mm cannon in the nose (it did exist) and a semi-guided glider bomb that you aim with nothing but mental calculations and animal instinct.

Gabzor
so your a pilot? ;p ive always had a thing for planes i guess? but my eyes don't qualify, im looking for modern flight sims, besides lomac.. but yeah your right about dive bombing, did it in some games, its all about timing..
hi

Jump to Forum: