View Thread

Print Thread
Repair/Capture points
Snuff
All right.

I have, for the last week, tried to figure out how to create repair/capture points for the VJ and can NOT for the life of me, get it to work.

Do you realize that there isn't a step-by-step ANYWHERE that explains how to create them? (The Pipeline does, but it's with Maya.)
What of those that haven't Maya?
Okay, CFHardEd, good enough....
When inputting the complete un-altered VJ in game, HW2.log describes the inevitable crash as a lack of rep/cap points.
Two ways around that; Delete the related code or create the points.

I created A repair point in CF, saved the HOD and put it in game. The issue still stands that even though the game doesn't crash, it still does not see the VJ as repairable. (And yes, I inserted the applicable code in the shipfile.)

Little Help?
I am a Ghost.

Komo val
When inputting the complete un-altered VJ in game, HW2.log describes the inevitable crash as a lack of rep/cap points.

That is very strange, normally the lack of said points doesn't make the game crash. The unaltered VJ works fine with me with no edit or anything

Snuff
The HOD doesn't have any of said pointd in the version that I received. Perhaps you have another.

Does your shipfile for the VJ have the following?:

addAbility(NewShipType,"CanBeCaptured",160,0.5 );
addAbility(NewShipType,"CanBeRepaired" );

Mine does and naturally the HW2log protests mightily about it.
I am a Ghost.

yasotay
Snuff,

If you have the mini-mod, perhaps you can extract the VJ from that to see if it better replicates the required fields.

A thought.

Snuff
Alas, I can not find the mini anywhere online. Sad
I am a Ghost.

Jump to Forum: