View Thread

Print Thread
"Active Tracking?"
Gabzor
by active tracking, i mean where ciws, actually targets missles, with red circles or something, etc and lasers being able to cut through missles, is it possible?
hi

Komo val
I don't quite understand what are you trying to say? The CIWS already targets missiles. You lost me with lasers and red circles.

Gabzor
by the red circles, i meant missles that are inbound, that are targetted by the CIWS be circled red, and if lasers, can sweep through missles
hi

Tristan
I think it would be interesting if certain heavy munitions, like nukes, anti-matter missiles, torps, etc would show up on the HOD.

I also agree that anti-missile lasers you can see (but wouldn't be too "loud" or obnoxious.) would be nice. Perhaps a specialized ship could achieve this. I remember Taiidani had laser defense fighters for this in the original HW, so it'd make some IC sense to retain that.

I don't know how feasible that is however.
Edited by Tristan on 12-08-2007 06:25

Ironwatsas
I think he means either something to mark the missiles themselves in the tactical overlay, which we already have (Press TaCool, or something marking the missile being targeted by the ship itself, which may be possible, but would it would be confusing trying to figure out which ship is targeting what and would clutter up the Tactical Overlay.

As for antimissile lasers, we have that too (or a clever simulation of such). They're just invisible or too low observable to be seen to prevent Lag.

CIWS does target missiles if emploved properly. The reason that may not be working for you is that HW2's engine tells every weapon to train on a target if you tell it to attack directly. To get them to work, set the ships to Agressive stance by pressing F4, then sending your ships in a waypoint path near enemies and using your move/attack command. It takes some getting used to.

Gabzor
ah, i had to set waypoints? i got the ciws working by setting them to aggresive, but i actually like the hud getting a little clutter from counter the missles, and by lasers, i meant like an ion frigate's laser just chop through a volley of missles would be quite cool

~edit. perhaps the ion laser cutting missles can be done.. somehow with c++, you can turn an ion into an entity with damage, and offset to detect missles, and damage on missles = ion cutting missles? Pfft

OH, and is there a way to get CIWS in the aft?
Edited by Gabzor on 12-08-2007 08:21
hi

Komo val
In the aft, well you can give the ship a hard turn command so that it brings it's port\starboard\top\bottom CIWS to destroy the missiles, but generally the aft section is reserved for the engines, so if you can get close and fire missiles it should do nice damage.

I doubt you can do ions cutting missiles in C++, however you might try notepad Grin

Gabzor
mmm im sure its harder to attach an entity with damage on notepad than it is with any other programs or languages, anyways, how would i do a hard turn with a big ship? i,e a strike carrier, etc
hi

Komo val
Well the most used and effective way is to issue a move order very close in the front but very high, thus the ship will do a hard climb bringing some of the PD to bear, as well as evading some of the missiles (this also works if you order a move very low). The other way is to issue a move order not too close and not too far from the ship at about 90 from the front of the ship.

Jump to Forum: